11 Ways to Compliment Your Partner
As singles and even couples, we often forget the power a genuine compliment can have. And it’s not just about “you look nice tonight”. There are so many other ways we can tell someone that we appreciate them.
- Atta boys and “I’m proud of you” to a man, is the equivalent of a dozen roses to a woman.
- Thank You – say it more! Appreciation is like jewelry to go with those flowers.
- Tell him what makes him sexy to you – Make him know he’s desired.
- You make me feel beautiful. Tell your partner how you feel—and that it’s a result of something he’s doing. This speaks to your feminine nature that a man deeply desires in a woman.
- Tell your partner what they mean to you. Often we only do this when we are mad at our partner. Sometimes we are just mad at somebody/something else and we’re venting to our partners.
- You make me feel safe. This compliment tells your partner how you feel—and again, a direct result of something he/she is doing.
- Compliment and recognize a person’s abilities, character and integrity. Tell your partner how you admire they way they handled something or someone.
- Give recognition to the many other relationships in his/her life and not just the relationship with you. “You’re an amazing mother/brother/friend/aunt.”
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Tell your partner that you have respect for him/her.
- ASK: Ask your partner for help or advice. This let’s them know that you value their opinion and judgement. It is a huge compliment. Don’t forget to be grateful and say “Thank you”.
- Instead of giving the stink eye to someone checking out your partner, point it out and be playful about it.
Often I hear people say that they want to be “gotten”. While we are not entitled to be 100% understood at all times, knowing that someone applauds our efforts and voices that praise can be a real ego-boost. It let’s us know that our partner sees us as more than just the other warm body in the relationship.